STUDIO HIRE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Conditions of Hire
A deposit of £100.00 (returnable) will be required to secure the booking.
The deposit will be payable with the returned signed agreement, or with full hire fee if less than four weeks before hire date. - See payment options at the foot of this agreement.
Hire rates: Monday – Friday £20.00 p/hr
Saturday / Sunday £25.00 p/hr (Rostra / lighting / sound – extra charge – see point 21)
1. The total due for the period of hire must be paid not later than four weeks before the hire date.
2. Cancellations – more than four weeks notice, no hire charge will be made, between 2 and 4 weeks notice will incur a charge of 50% of the rent due, less than 2 weeks notice will incur the full rent charge.
3. HAODS may waive the cancellation charges if another hirer is obtained for the period in question.
4. Unless otherwise agreed the Hirer’s use covers the Main Hall, toilets and Kitchen (note * )
5. The Hirers will be responsible for ALL damage or LOSSES resulting from their use of the premises, fair wear and tear excepted.
6. There is no smoking on the premises and Hirers must obtain their own licenses, if required for the sale of alcohol or performances. (see note ** ).
7. Children on the premises must be supervised by qualified adults in the ratio of not less than 1 to 10.
8. The maximum capacity of the main hall is 80standing, 72seated, 60seated at tables. If tables are used they must be placed so as not to obstruct access to the
emergency exits. These figures do not include performers/ancillary staff etc.
9. The hirer has no right of access before or after the hire period except by prior agreement.
10. The house sound system and theatre lighting is available to hirers by prior agreement, and if used will incur a further charge. Any HAODS equipment stored or in use in the premises should not be moved.
11. A nominated person must be responsible for ensuring that fire exits are kept clear at all times and that they are aware of these and the fire-fighting equipment.
12. Accidents must be recorded in the book kept for this purpose, located in the kitchen, and should be reported to the studio manager as soon as possible.
13. Hirers must ensure when leaving the premises that:
All lights, equipment (if used) and the master switch (situated by the door) are turned off.
The premises are left locked and when the passage is a designated emergency escape route and the door will be closed by the front of house manager at the end of the performance.
The premises are left clean and tidy, rubbish removed, all equipment, tables and chairs are returned to the relevant storage areas, (unless by prior arrangement.
Users are as quiet as possible when leaving late at night to avoid disturbing adjoining residents
14. In the event of the premises being unusable for any reason the liability of HAODS shall be
limited to the cancellation of the hire charge.
15. Breach of these conditions may cause cancellation of future bookings.
16. The minimum period of hire is one hour, and periods of less than one hour apart shall be charged as one continuous period of hire.
ADDITIONAL SPECIFIC EQUIPMENT CONDITIONS
17. HAODS Rostra (staging) – hirers will be responsible for the safe assembly/erection of rostra, and its return to the store after use.
(Prior rostra erection by HAODS may be available – staffing dependent)
18. Blackout Velux roof lights (manual operation) – If blackout is required, hirers will be responsible for closing the blinds (An ‘A’ frame ladder available in chair store), and ensure that the blinds are left open at the end of the hiring.
19. Sound and lighting if included in the hire agreement – hirers may request a pdf full information/instruction pack via email prior to the hire date.
20. In respect of 17 & 18 above, hirers accept full responsibility for the tasks, adopting safe practices by competent persons.
21. The use of Rostra, Stage Lighting and Sound system will incur a further charge –
this further charge will be £5.00 (five pounds) per hour extra.
Note * - Kitchen use – this does not include the use of the ovens, this will incur a further charge and will require a returnable deposit of £25.00 (inspection dependent following hiring). The kitchen is not a rehearsal space, and must not be used as such.
Note** - The venue does not hold an alcohol license, be aware, for hirers applying for a TEN that only 12 TEN’s are permitted per venue in any 12 month period, and this may already have been achieved with regular hirers.
PLEASE MAKE CHEQUES PAYABLE TO H.A.O.D.S. or
Bank transfer details – Account Name HAODS / Account No. 30455288 / Sort code 20 - 39 - 53